Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Sunless Sunday, Dining at Checkers and Line Dancing at White Buffalo.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

It is a gloomy Sarasota day which means NO SUNSHINE. Awakened to the pitter patter of raindrops, which appear like large globules of teardrops. I like keeping curtains and blinds open to I can see the color of a new day begin. I like the sense of a 'living clock', as we spin around our globe. I could see the treetops wrestling in the breeze and it felt like winter, Sarasota style.

I was fortunate to get GioGio to come with me to visit my Dad in the nursing home. She has always scoffed at the concept, so she must have been very bored this morning! It was much nicer with her along. She is a good looking woman, under 90: and so, having a visit from a younger chippy- had to make my Dad a happier man today. We stopped to get him a chocolate milk shake from Checker's: and added two double fish sandwiches and their crispy fries as a lunch for GioGio and I. It was her first trip to a Checker's and she was astonished that there was no 'indoor' dining in this fast food. In fact, it was a bit unsettling for her: as there was no FRONT DOOR to enter. It was like a stationary food truck.

I then joined Astrid and Fin at the Mall. She wanted 'out of her house'.... and the mall is a safe place for a 1 1/2 year old to run wild with delight! I could watch him, and she could actually shop. Now, what a concept that is! I can watch him. But, I can barely LIFT him. He is a LOAD. One chunky, lovable baby boy. With tiny blond whispy ringlets at the ends of his hair and a perpetual smile on his face.... unless of course, he wants to eat. If denied, he has the largest immediate pout... making it a definitive line between being happy and NOT.  Communication on this level is just as clear as can be. And, it is funny because that was the way he was when he was in utero: Astrid HAD to eat. Lots and Often. But, only when pregnant with Fin. So, he was already announcing his personality way before his arrival.

I am now going to join some dear friends: My psychologist girlfriend, Mary and her sister. We are having a Christmas dinner as I haven't seen her since my birthday on November 5th! Silly us. We are going to a new restaurant. My idea. My choice. It is called "The White Buffalo" and is a cowboy/ cowgirl bar and restaurant with line dancing and the whole country eatin' type menu. I understand that if I am 'taken' with this..... there are complimentary line dancing lessons every Monday evening! Might even become my new weight loss exercise program.... as there MUST be more men at the White Buffalo than aqua-arobics at the YMCA.

It is coming time to retire the Christmas ornaments hung with care. This is the anti-climactic part of the holiday, like unpacking the suitcase. It is the other end of anticipation.

It feels good to write again... and thanks, as always- for visiting.

Smiles and warmth

No comments:

Post a Comment