Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Saving Mr. Banks" and Sushi: what a Saturday!

Friday, December 27, 2013

It has been more than a week since i have written. we were 'cleaning up' at Carlyle's house for the holidays, which included putting my computer into the closet as it had been the centerpiece of the dining room. Now the dining room looks like a dining room, with a holiday centerpiece defining its new role. In the spirit of christmas, it is welcoming and festive.

Yet, in the spirit of blogging….. it is cumbersome and not 'user friendly' to have the computer in the closet. Blogging on my smart phone seemed all too tedious, and so i have waited to use my daughter's office. I am trying to lighten my footprint, as i am easing my way out of her abode and towards mine.

Christmas without both of my kids doesn't really seem like christmas... as it is the magic and wonder seen in your kids' eyes that indeed makes the holiday special.

Saturday, Dec 28, 2013

I can finally use my computer. Yesterday, I couldn't make any capitol letters and everything was a bit sketchy. Today, it is working fine. It is neither moody or unreliable, making it a perfect computer to begin writing again.

I will write about Christmas..... but, later.

I have been in a solitary mood. I am not feeling sociable in the most sociable of seasons. I am antsy to nest again in my own home. Yesterday morning I took myself to the movies. I saw "Saving Mr. Banks". I adore Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson who are both stellar actors of very different acticing schools. The obvious story is of the making of Mary Poppins into a movie. The real and more riveting under-story is the eventual discovery that Mary Poppins was in fact quite autobiographical. It is the tender and tenacious unraveling of that observation which makes this a film worthy of seeing.

This morning, I took my min-pin into town to have a 'spa' day- i.e.: nails clipped. En route, we walked the Saturday morning Farmer's Market. It was the first time I took my "Curry" out for a promenade, and I rather enjoyed it. He was easy and in a new world of scents, which made him quite a happy puppy.... and being 7 lbs and RED haired, makes him all too cute. He was the recipient of folks taking his photo, of babies touching him, of other dogs circling and smelling him.... he was in scentual- heaven.

I ate a lemon & sugar crepe at the street fair. Yum.... Followed by a BRAT with onions & peppers (less yum). I was really getting into the TRUCK food mentality today. Last night: Carlyle, her buds and I went to a FOOD TRUCK parked in a deserted mall parking lot and dined on $2 TACOS.  I don't even like taco's, but these were FAB. And even more so because they were a kitschy Mexican "such a deal" kind of dining experience.

My daughter wants to have food trucks. I sort of 'get it'. now.

I had to get out into the world finally. It is a Saturday night. I took myself to a Sushi Bar. It is perfect for a solo lady. You can watch the sushi being made. You can 'pick' at your food with your sticks. It is great. The people watching superb.... and with a large hot saki: everything is smooth.

I am excited to have a working computer and to start to become verbal again. I miss it and miss you.

Happy Sunday.... and will be back at ya, soon.

Smiles,
Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment