Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The last day of 2013. The first day of 2014. Flannel nightie, friends, food, kissable cheeks and post nasal drip.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I like the number 2014 better than 2013. I have always liked the numbers # 2 & # 4. It feels calmer to me to be embraced by EVEN rather than ODD numbers.

I awakened with swollen glands and a sore throat: the post nasal drip type of malady. It makes wanting to curl up and sleep a great solution for the day's activity list. I would hope to sleep away the unfriendly little new year germs.... so I can begin the new year with a BOUNCE in my step, rather than a tickle in my throat.

I am writing this blog in a 35 year old flannel red plaid "Lanz of Salzburg" long nightie, with bric-a-brac in the color and yoke. Three decade old flannel is as soft as a baby's butt....in plaid.

I had a grand day for January first. I stopped by three dear friends..... and ate my way through the first day of the new year. And.... did a bit of toasting, too. There is always ONE home, which beckons every first day of the year: Laura & John. Super food. Super super unbelievable tables to feast. It is a bountiful way to any beginning. It is nice to have a tradition.... where the same friends and families gather every year. It is a way to mark the growth of our children, watching them grow from kidlets to young, nice adults. It is a wonderful marker of time.... and of witnessing the progression from one season to the next.

The last stop for January first was the beach house of a new set of friends: Scottish & American. Rugby players with my husband back in Washington DC in the early 70's! Love the circle of life. Again.... it is so refreshing to be in the fold of nice families: who love life .

And, the best news for the first day of the year was that my daughter's  dog: SAFARI was found alive and well.... after escaping at midnight from fear of the fireworks. Safari is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and is a sweetie of a humongous dog.

The best part of the last day of the old year: was helping my daughter set out the food and decorations for her new year's fete. Of course- I got to play with my grand boys: Pip and Fin. I just love to give LOVIN to the chubby thighs and kissable cheeks of Fin. Pip is too old at the age of 4, for such silly playfulness. He preferred fishing with a pretend fish in the pool!

We begin vacuuming with the HEPA filter.... again, en route to arriving back at my home on Siesta Key. I am ready!

I am listening to the trees and leaves rustling in the breeze.... with the sun shining. It is a good day to be alive.

Buon anno. Bonne annee. Happy 2014.... let the smiles reign.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment