Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Coffee-less and Lemur-full

Thursday, Dec 12, 2013

It is early in the a.m.  and I am writing this before coffee. So, help us all!

Played hooky yesterday evening from being a totally responsible grown up, as I missed a Trustee assignment from the museum and instead visited a local favorite shop of mine: a store usually filled with things of whimsey. RIGHT up my alley. Nothing purchased, just all kinds of 'looking'.

I then took myself (having forgotten I was invited to a girl's happy hour party) to a new restaurant that has boats buried in the ground, with half of each boat sticking up out of the ground, like a monolith. The entrance to the restaurant is through a large hole in the bow of a larger boat. You enter as if you are being swallowed by the vessel. Walked to the outdoor bar which is on Phillippi Creek....it was at sunset and it was crowded. Sat at the bar and heard a "hello". I looked up and it was the daughter of dear friends. I have known her since she was born and it was great to have some 'girly time' with her. A super duper added plus to my meanderings.

This is the week of eating at Bob's: Bob's Train and now Bob's Boathouse. I am bobbalisciously filled.

Despite my diversions.... I did manage to send out another QUERY letter to an agent.
Fingers crossed, please! Collective crossing from around the world might be a powerful thing!

It was just great. And... today! I am such a social butterfly. I will meet my dear friend Ann for a bite at the StarKeeper Cafe, finally. And, a movie. We will see the Dallas Buyers Club at the local art cinema. It is painted purple, not unlike my home! I will look for a brick which was bought last year for my birthday for the art cinema. I asked my friends for a brick. I wanted it to read "Now, you can really walk all over me!"...Instead, it has my name.  I have never seen where the brick was put: so today I might go on a goose chase for it.

This evening, I am off to a fundraising event as a guest. I am going to an event for "LEMUR Conservation Foundation". First of all, I am amazed that there is a lemur conservation in Florida. Secondly, I have been curious on WHY lemurs? Why not save dying kids or sick animals? I hadn't a clue on why that was so special until I asked. I was dumbfounded ( only as a bit of ignorance might allow) to know that the LEMUR is a primate!.  They hold the genetic clue to many things, as they are the first level of primate. Now I am totally fascinated over what I had thought previously was a squirrel type living thing. Who knew? I am just getting educated all the time. Gotta love the things we get the chance to learn along the way.

I bought a Christmas Tree. I went to the Christmas tree place and there were 10 midget trees. That is what I wanted. I got the tallest of the midgets, and the fragrance assails my nostrils and senses to  pure pleasure. I feel like I am in an AIR WICK commercial! It is up and awaiting its decorating.

I hope that all well in your life today.... with a big smile and warmth,


Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment