Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gooey DATES, Oozing MUSHROOMS, and a Massage

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I have my windows open to cool yet brisk air and it feels renewing. I must admit that I am a SUN gal. I can not get used to waking up while it is still dark outside.... and conversely at the other end of the day: I feel as if it is midnight when it is only 8pm: as it has been dark for over four hours!

My biological clock is caddywhompus. But.... my midgey Christmas tree all aglow makes me happy.

Yesterday, I went over to my friend Giovanna's house. I love Gio Gio. She is one of the most neurotic gals I know in a most endearingly sweet way. I speak with her every morning. It is our wake up call, so to speak. I am glad: this way, someone, one day....will know when I have dropped dead in my house. Otherwise, who knows? I could go from being MS. Ysatis (by Givenchy) to MS. Stankydeadpants. She is like the old fashioned 'hall monitors'- making sure I don't play hooky from the school of life.

At any rate, Gio Gio and I did the last museum event together. She was the CHAIR. I was her slave. She was in Sarasota. I was in Italy. So, she could say whatever she wanted for a few months: I was none the wiser. She is the one who told everyone I was the Co-Chair, and everyone believed her. She has that kind of face and demeanor: sweet and innocent. That is how I got hooked into that job, without having been asked and without having said 'yes'.

Going back to yesterday: I went over to Gio's to help her prepare for a party she is giving to THANK the staff and volunteers from the event. She needed a 'chopper'. I did say 'yes' to being to chopper schiava (slave). No chopping.... but lots of stuffing. I inserted, stuffed, slid, poked my fingers continually into a gooey date with an almond. I don't want to get naughty- but it felt a little obscene to be : finding the opening,  poking my finger, fitting an almond inside- a soft, warm, wet and gooey INSIDE. I almost felt like I was violating that little date- it just didn't seem right.

Wrapped in crisp bacon.... however, the whole thing TASTED right!

Then, Gio made stuffed mushrooms. She made the stuffing which was dry and not exciting. So, I decided to do what I do best: CONCOCT. I am a grand concocter. Not a cook. Not a chef. A concoctor. I lined the mushrooms with whipped cream cheese and added gobs of parsley to the stuffing. After scooping stuffing inside the mushroom, I topped it off with a DAB of cream cheese and added a bit of cherry tomato on top! It looked like a macaroon! And when the cream cheese melts.... after heating, it ought to be OOZing with delight.

The fete is this evening. At Gio's home. With her glorious touches, taste and Italian culinary wizardry.

I have a massage today. It is with a new gal, and I welcome the touch, the time and hopefully the healing pounding for this worn and tired feeling sexagenarian.

Afterwards.... and because I have already purchased PLUG IN good smells which are creating a bountifully aroma filled car: I will go to my home and spread the GOOD SCENTS, like fairy dust.

 Happy Wednesday, and have a big smile from me

With warmth

Judy









No comments:

Post a Comment