Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 1, 2013

a Fluff and Goo kinda gal... with a short attention span, who still adores a hand written letter.

Thanksgiving Sunday, 2013

I have been eating comfort food leftovers now for several days.... and have basically only turkey left. Which seems lonely without the cranberry, gravy, stuffing, sweet potato & marsh-mellow pie & mashed potatoes.

It is telling that all the "FLUFF" is eaten... while there is gobs of healthy white meat turkey leftovers-even still.

Well, I have always been a fluff and goo (love love love sauces,whipped cream- goo!) gal, myself!

In my process of 'moving forward'- I took great leaps by attacking my mail, which has been piled in an errant container on the floor. Yesterday, I was thinking of my life as a displaced person. Today, I would rather look at it as a LIFE IN PILES.

Having a rather short attention span, I am likely to take days opening and discarding the gobs of post which has accumulated so bountifully. Bu, just think of how much 'lighter' I'll feel. I won't be lighter, but I will feel that way.

That is a personality trait which has been with me forever. I hate opening up mail. Letters are a different species of post altogether. I love, adore, am gleeful over opening up personal notes. That must come from traipsing through a snow-filled college campus to the tiny post office box we had as students... only to find VOID, SPACE, nothing. Or bills, which was worse than space. It was like Christmas, if there was actually a letter inside. The old fashioned "YOU'VE GOT MAIL", without a voice and without a keyboard...... just hand written words on a page.

charming, indeed. And, an ancient art form.

Enjoy your Sunday.... and safe travels.

Judy







No comments:

Post a Comment