Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Somewhere over the Rainbow is my midget Christmas Tree

Sunday, Dec 15, 2013

The master day of rest ~

Had a glorious day yesterday...decorating the midget Christmas Tree. Bought 300 lights in rainbow colors and unwrapped the special box of Family Christmas Ornaments I had made and collected for Carlyle all of her life. Lots of ornaments made of lucite and etched with the growing faces of each child from 3 decades of Christmas cards sent.  For years, she would scoff at those ornaments, and today just as she was departing for work, her eye caught a picture on the tree from 1990 and she exclaimed : "Look at that!"  It was worth the scoffing, the eyeball rolling and the saving of a lifetime of ornaments, just to see the delight on her face this morning.

The tree is 3 feet and is simply magical! After all, that is part of the essence of the holiday season... I can loose myself as I look at the lights and ornaments.... I am transported to a nice warm and comfy place of peace.

Last night I was swept off in the brand new chariot of my friend LeeLee- in her new Porsche. This has been my week for swishy rides: first the Bentley.... now the Porsche.  The best thing is the smell of all new cars. No matter what the brand: it is like a new baby. All newborns around the world smell the same. So, also.... is the scent of a new Chariot.

We went to see Andrea Bocelli. He sang "Ave Maria" which melted my little heart and soul. Or, made it soar. He sang "Love me Tender"- an Elvis classic. He is not an animated singer, but there is something sweet about his voice. He had some ladies singing with him who overpowered him, and distracted from enjoying him. But, there was ONE lady.... who sang with Andrea Bocelli who swept me off my feet into ovation. Her name is Heather Headley and her rendition of "SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW" was brilliant and had my flying. I also adore Eva Cassidy's version of the song. And yet...Heather's voice melded and soared alongside Andrea, and had me mesmerized. There were 6 standing ovations. It was just grand!

I found my Christmas gifts for all my dear friends who don't need THINGS: I am giving them Heather Headley. I am giving the gift of soaring ... but through music.

This evening I will join in a college graduation party for the son of dear friends. How cool it is to see our collective children.... the village we have chosen: grow and do well. It is a community cheer, this evening. That is powerful.... from generation to generation.

Happy Sunday, and hope a rainbow shines over your world today.

Grazie per visitarme. Thanks for visiting, as always with a smile,

Judy








No comments:

Post a Comment