Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1-14-14

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

01-14-14 Today's date in USA
14-01-14 Today's date in Europe

Those numbers are cool. I like it.

Awoke 4am this morning, to a house filled with young folks enjoying life. Enjoying life before parenting, when one can sleep the entire next day to recoup from the night prior. They didn't wake me up. I naturally awakened, to a lighted house. I am amazed at the ability and desire to live one's life voluntarily at night-time.  I show my 'saging' process (professes my college roomie, over the expression of 'aging' process) by observing the challenge of staying up all night. Young folks never mention it, as an amazing feat.

The first part of our week was met with a wonderful surprise visit of George's dear partner for a visit to see where George grew up. I think it is important to be able to visualize and meet and see and touch and feel the history of a special friend, partner or parent. I met my husband George's grandma Grace before she died. I knew she knew that I was special to him and that made me feel warm inside. It is like completing a circle or closing a clasp on a bracelet. I also loved meeting Grandma Grace- who didn't speak: because I could recognize her in photos. I had MET her and known her, if only for a few minutes. I felt included. I felt like part of the family. She was familiar to me- not just a family story.
What impressed me most was looking at Grandpa George (George III) while he adoringly looked at his Grace. The love that flowed after a lifetime, was palpable and inspiring.

I am a hands-on kinda gal. I am a 'toucher'. I want to FEEL And be touched and felt too.

Had dinner at Astrid's house. George was describing Astrid's cuisine as always having a touch of German in it. We ate Spaghetti Bolognese, spruced up with some Chipotle sauce! I am a concoctor.. and believe that this cooking trait was learned by watching me concoct. I never buy ONE kind of 'home made soup' at the grocers…. I always mix at least two together. Well: Voila….. German spaghetti bolognese alla chipotle! One night many years ago a friend brought over CHILI he had made and was quite proud of, after 3 days of simmering in the pot. There was not enough chili for everyone, and Astrid asked him "should I put noodles inside"? He thought she was speaking of spaghetti noodles which can be added to chili. So, he said "YES". She dumped Chinese Glass noodles inside…… it felt like rubber cement mixed with chili. Well: enough said about being resourceful in the kitchen. Needless to say- she will never live down her glass noodle chili.

The remaining palm fronds were tied up with rope, boxes sent to Simon's Rock College to supplement their costume department, the 3 yard dumpster was removed……and the work is still NOT done in the clean up department. More HEPA vacuuming with suction that would rival a wind tunnel in strength.

Walked the Marina Jacks bay front and saw the first installations of Season of Sculpture. More will arrive, but it is such a gift to our town…. even before it is finished. You walk along the bay front, with a bit of a beach. So, you can hear the water lap….. you can smell the sea, and your eyes feast on original outdoor art. It fills the senses and makes me proud to be a Sarasotan. We are indeed a fortunate group of seekers.

Happy Tuesday, with smiles and warmth

Judy

And, as always- thanks for visiting



No comments:

Post a Comment