Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Palm Frond Archery and moving forward

Thursday, January 9th, 2014

After ripping off the wallpaper with the HEPA VAC, Georgie took the day off from the house and concentrated on creating a beautiful brochure for our guests who visit us on Lake Como. Georgie has not yet seen this particular home on the Lake, having just moved in last spring. Yet: he was perusing the few hundred photos I have taken and his eye is captivated by what the photo says about this new home- from a stranger's viewpoint…… which is the eye of one of our guests who has yet to visit us in Menaggio.

Today, Georgie and I put palm fronds in the 3 yard dumpster and ran out of room in the already filled garbage dump. I am so sore from picking up wet fronds and hailing them through the sky like an arrow, to land on the top of the dumpster. ( Which, by the way is doing a lot of PALM FROND THROWING…. as it is at least 4 feet taller than I am!

Then, because some of the rooms have been HEPA VACuumed and sealed off: Georgie and I could move the clothes from the garage back inside the house. I got rid of lots of clothes already, but still have FAR TOO MANY! Far fewer than before, and far more than I need or want.

I am taking a bunch to Italy: replacing my clothing stash from the past 17 years… with some fresher ones. That will be one way to cull my herd of hats, socks, slacks, sweaters, etc…

That was a big step in moving back inside. The clothes did not go into my closest. I will be selective on what will make it back inside the inner sanctum. I have prepared lots of boxes of clothes I will give to Georgie. Some for his private collection. Some for him to sell if he wants. Some for donation to the theater department at Simon's Rock College. Georgie is in charge of the costuming at Simon's Rock and teaching costuming there. They are always looking to increase their warehouse of potential costumes in all kinds of sizes, reflecting all decades, and representing all kinds of styles.

Without reams of clothes hanging throughout the garage: now the rest of the items are accessible. It will be fun to move back in- and have it look very different. The ducts must be cleaned and are scheduled for the end of January. Then, I can move. I will move before all the painting is finished or before some of the floors are put down in a couple of bedrooms and the living room. I am getting closer to making a decision about what kind of floors I will want and am glad I have waited as the evolution of decision making takes time.

Little steps all in the right direction

Smiles
Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment