Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

One giant leap for the concept of 'family'. One small step for my son.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

I am so off-kilter….. as a displaced person. It takes work for me to be organized. But, and this is the BIG BUT: I can be organized. As a woman without a home, it takes an inordinate amount of focus for this woman with a short attention span!

While Georgie was here, we went to see his Grandfather "pop". My dad. He wasn't interested in the least bit, as Pop has rarely been an interested nor attentive Grandfather. In fact, Georgie never even got a birthday card, a birthday phone call- niente from Pop, and so Pop has not earned Georgie's love, loyalty or respect. He also knows how mean spirited my father has been to me throughout the decades. That being said, when I explained to him that "It would be nice for me, as it would make my visit with Pop more pleasurable to have you along". But, more important was this fact: "I would like for you to see WHERE Pop is living and what it is like to visit him…. so that you can visualize what I am talking about when I talk about visiting Pop". It makes the sharing more meaningful.

Immediately Georgie understood and said "Thanks Mom for explaining why it was important to you that I visit Pop. I didn't get it before".

One giant leap for the concept of "family".  One small step for "Georgie".

My father perked up with Georgie, as he had been with Joanne had visited. Perhaps it is 'wanting to be charming'. My father was brought up to be charming, polite and a gentleman. He knows how to do those things. My dad asked Georgie about his work, his TATOOs…. making some funny comments along the way, and about Georgie's relationship. My dad was even politically correct and sensitive in talking about those things which are strange for a man raised in the 1920's! It took 20 minutes of astute conversation before Pop began to repeat himself. Until then, one might have thought he was in the memory wing incorrectly.

Since Georgie's departure for the northeast: I have finished hanging up the remaining  clothes. They are now hanging in the garage (as opposed to being stuffed into garbage bags indiscriminately) to "AIR OUT" those clothes that had not been through the WASHER, so to speak.

 I have learned that I should have the use of an AIR SCRUBBER and NEGATIVE AIR MACHINE to help the 'cleaning' process along. Little by little: I am learning about remediation. YIKES. As I have mentioned before: we don't always get to choose the curriculum in life. The only question is wether 'renting' the equipment is preferable to buying it.

My daughter is having her nasty 'ole carpets removed tomorrow and replaced with bamboo. Guess what that implication is? I am being displaced from my 'safe house'. I must pack up in order to empty the room…. so that the new floors may be installed. I am moving again. Probably to Astrid and the grand babies. That will be an incentive to finish the house as I am exhausted about a couple of hours with the non-stop grandkidlets.

The finish line is within sight…. but, it is still on the horizon.

Happy Sunday from a sunny , yet BRISK morning

Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment