Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

All my kidlets under the same roof at the same time. How Glorious & Joyful!

Tuesday, January 7th, 2014

My son arrived into town last evening. I am my own worst travel agent. It is the same old story of the shoemaker's kids walking around with holes on the bottoms of their shoes. Georgie didn't have to do that exactly, and….. he arrived where he was supposed to, WHEN he was supposed to. In the important regards: it was a perfect trip. Until he arrived in Sarasota…. and his ride, which was MOM- or me, wasn't there to pick him up.

I am such a dork. I thought he was coming in around 9pm. I hadn't checked the schedule, but in my memory bank of having made the reservation a couple of months ago; that was my vague impression.
When I looked at the itinerary, it read 10:52pm. I saw it in my head as 11pm. But… I never wrote the arrival time down. So, as the day wore on….. I was visualizing his arriving at 11:52pm.

His plane actually arrived at 11:13pm, while I was checking the computer and realized how off-kilter I was. I guess I am everyone else's worst TAXI. This summer, I arrived a day EARLY at the airport and waited for 3 hours until I realized I must have made a mistake.

As I said, "I am such a dork" sometimes. Sometimes, even oftentimes.

It is so good for me to be surrounded by my babies. I feel calmer. More complete and at peace. It feels right. Doing nothing together. Or just me watching them together…. laughing, chatting, teasing…. that easy banter of siblings who have shared a spirited childhood together.

Began the day with Astrid arriving with FIN. Georgie had never met Fin, so it was lovely to see the two discover each other. At 1 1/2 years old- Fin is into everything; with fervor, gusto, a giggle and focus. Your eyes must be on him 100% of the time, as he is a climber and fearless.

Continued our visit back at Astrid's with "BIG KAHUNA" subs from Jersey Mike's. It is such an all American sandwich with lots of cheeses, meats, onions, goo, sauce, and more goo. Pip joined his Uncle  George who is also Pip's God-daddy.

A morning surrounded by all my kidlets… as a Grandy, Mommie and Mamina.

Georgie and I went to the house. I had tried the HEPA vacuum… and found the SUCTION on that sucker wicked strong. When I put the end of the vacuum on the wall….it stuck to the wall like a mighty magnet. Moving the vacuum on the wall was NOT easy…. , but I am weak.

Georgie turned on the vacuum and put it on the wall. I asked "Do you think that the suction feels strong"? He responded quickly with "No".  So, I thought, AGAIN… that I am a gal of wimpy wrists.
No biggy.

Then, Georgie goes into Astrid's old bathroom. It is important that as each area of the house if vacuumed, it is then sealed off. ….  The bathroom is Astrid's old room is stunning: HAND PRINTED in matte black with raspberry colored flowers and verdant green leaves. It felt different than other wall-papers. Thicker. You could feel the ink as it was printed. It seemed more fluid, somehow. It was like wallpapers centuries ago. But, crisper! At any rate: Georgie puts the HEPA vacuum on the wall and starts vacuuming horizontally. It doesn't move quickly across the wall, and as George passes the seam in the paper…. the SUCTION just sucked that beautiful wallpaper off that wall!

My motto has been: what survives the cleaning process….. might remain. What doesn't: bites the dust! It is an easy bar. However, I did say to Georgie "That was a cheeky way out of having to VACUUM the bathroom walls"! The wallpaper just peeled off, as sunburnt skin peels off in sheets.  It was kind of satisfying…. a true purging.

Went to the local wine tasting shop, which is my 'bar' of choice if I need somewhere to relax. Maureen is the proprietrix, and she is a sweet person and easy to talk to. I took Georgie, so he could see where this old flatulator hangs. Then…. my Scottish/American friends arrived for a glass. Carlyle rescued her brother and kidnapped him to try "SUB-ZERO": a new concept in ice-cream. (Starts out with liquid and they whip it in front of the customer with liquid nitrogen…. and voila- ice cream from liquid)

Joined the kidlets at George's oldest and best friend's new home for a visit. They looked at boxes of old photos together and told stories. I was adore the warmth and affection that is among these friends: their history is a powerful and important thing.

Went home to Carlyle's…. she made dinner for us. We relaxed, chowed down and watched the first two episodes of "Happy Endings". The jury of Judy is still out on an opinion about that one.

Happy Wednesday…… and thanks for visiting

smiles, as ever
Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment