Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The universe may be sending me a message

Hi

I have been silenced: caught off guard and almost speechless.

I spent the last week at my son's home in the Berkshire Mountains. Verdant greens, vertical greens, rolling hills and country roads. The leaves just beginning to FALL for FALL. .... and just turning those glorious shades of reds, oranges and bright yellows. Just lovely and oh so different from Florida: flat, linear, concrete. Green and blue of the sky and water. Also beautiful. Fills a different part of the soul.

Didn't do much but 'hang' with George.... shopping at thrift stores for vintage clothes that he is in need for he is costuming a local movie. It is fun to watch him 'cull' the racks. I am slowly and elementary beginning to comprehend what kind of organizing must happen for each scene of a movie. The details are staggering, really. I also helped him begin to organize his workshop at Simon's Rock College: costume warehousing. Spend a day with George's college friends: and his God daughter, Kennedy- who is just 3 and too cute. White spun golden hair with locks of ringlets. Sweet, transluscent and innocently whispy.

Enjoyed my days with George. With George and Carlyle. And, with George and his new best friend. What a privilege!

I was hesitating about coming home. After all, if not: it wouldn't have taken me 2 weeks to accomplish what I could have done in a twenty four hour day! I took a most prolonged circuitous turn from Milan to Sarasota. But, a good one!

So, my first 48 hours in Sarasota arrival on Monday evening didn't bode well as a welcome, BENVENUTO.
1. There was no electricity
2. There was no water
3. The car battery was dead, so I couldn't even get into the vehicle.
4. There was mildew everywhere.... 5 weeks without air/conditioning!
5. There was mildew in my car.
6. The motor service folks couldn't jump my car because the key to the trunk didn't open the trunk.
7. I was told that it was not safe for me to be in my home
8. I was told that it would take over a month to clean my home
9. I was told that it would cost more than $10,000 to clean my home
10. My car had to be towed to the auto repair
11. I needed a new battery. Got one
12. I turned on half of the electric. The other half, I waited a day for an electrician to arrive and JIGGLE the outside breaker box. After 40 years in the same house: I NEVER knew there were breaker boxes OUTSIDE my house. The 'LICENSED" Jiggler : oh, yes: electrician..... jiggled long enough, all of my electricity now works.
13. I have water.
14. My car is getting de-mildewed.
15. I LOST a THIRD TOOTH on SUSHI! Gummy bears AND Sushi? What wimps my teeth are!
16. I had the second one replaced back into my mouth.
17. I have been told that my insurance will cover the $10,000 cleaning bill.
18. Still no word on when I can get back into the house.
19. I was home-less, until my daughter took me 'in'.
20. My daughter is a saint: I am using her home, her car, her telephone.....Her boyfriend is great, too.

So ... the moral of the story is this: I have been waivering on how to procede to the next stage in life. This has made the 'separation' a much more palatable prospect. That is my message and my 'take away'. The angst of taking that first step: was usurped from me in a most fortuitous way.

That is today's story , and I am sticking to it!

Smiles back at ya!
Judy


1 comment:

  1. if there is someone in the world who can manage all of this, it is YOU !!

    ReplyDelete