Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Losing teeth is not a good weight loss regimen

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Awakening to a misty morning in the Berkshires, with an abundance of trees, evergreens and rolling verdant hills (that are called mountains)

The first night here, I chewed on a Haribou GUMMY BEAR. One gummy bear. One chew: and out came a tooth. A GUMMY BEAR! Aren't they supposed to be 'innocent'? So, yesterday had me finding a dentist (actually a friend up here in the Berkshires) and I was able to salvage the tooth.Yeah for small favors- as I crumbled a tooth in Italy a month ago while using my teeth as a tool to open a plastic bottle of shampoo! At 62, I learned my lesson- teeth are not TOOLS, they are 'chompers' for food and NOT Gummy Bears.

Georgie worked at Simon's Rock College, as he teaches costume design at his alma matter. Owned by Bard College in New York, Simon's Rock is a very cool institution indeed. It is the only and FIRST college to be a college for "younger scholars"- an "early college", as they take kids who have completed their 10th grade and accept them into college. Therefore, all the students are from 16-20, and the 450+ of them go to college with their social peers. These are bright bright 'out of the box' kids who don't love the high school experience and want to continue their education in a different setting. A great example of an 'out of the box' student is the fact that the COHEN brothers: Ethan and Joel went to Simon's Rock (of "No country for old men" of movie "Fargo"- the list goes on and on)

That left Carlyle and I to navigate Great Barrington: starting with THAI lunch. It has been 5 months since I have had Thai food, and love love love the coconut soup. It was total palate pleasure and a delight to have my daughter all to myself. Went shopping for food.... and then were joined for dinner with George. A PALEO meatloaf. It was super good. Followed by the funny movie "A BIG WEDDING" with Diane Keaton, Robert DeNiro, Susan Sarandon, Topher Grace, Katherine Heigl and Amanda Siefried: I laughed and enjoyed my time with my kidlets. In George's bed... sprawled out.... eating delicious (seems like an oxymoron) gluten -free chocolate chip cookies. They were so good: I had 4 of them. After 5 months of different kinds of sweets, it was total YUM.

Today, Carlyle leaves for Sarasota- and I will have had just TWO SWEET DAYS with my two babies. However short- it was a total mommy's delight!

I must always remember it is about the BOUNTY, not the LACK which is important.

Hoping that yours is a grand Wednesday,

Smiles and keep clicking. Tell your friends, too! please.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment