Total Pageviews

Friday, September 20, 2013

Got my vehicle back, got a GRANDY and DAD visit, and napped during afternoon rain: What a day!

Friday, September something or other, 2013

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

I will know more about how to procede with my mildewy home after my insurance appointment with the claims dude. It is now all an adventure, I am thinking as to I haven't a clue on what happens next really. I will approach it as a curiosity in bloom and a learning curve.

I went to see my 93 year old father yesterday. It increased his visitor log by 100% over the past month. Doubled his fan base with yesterday's breakfast visit. He looks good. In fact,he is the BEST LOOKING TOOTHLESS 93 year old I have ever seen.  My gene pool bodes well for me in some departments: I am thinking. He was delighted to see me. I am a female. I am younger. He LOVES MOST younger females. Not the FAT ones, though. He is so mean and superficial. Even today, at his most desperate: no teeth, can't really see, can't hear without his cochlear implant- and even that is sketchy....., walks with a walker, wears a diaper! I haven't seen him in 5 months, as I have been away.

Howard, my Dad asks at least 45 times: "How old am I?" I tell him. Each time, he is amazed. It is always ground-hog day at the memory unit of this retirement facility. Which, by the way is a FABULOUS place for him to be. THE BEST there is.

Then, my Dad asks me if I speak Italian.... at least 38 times.

Then, my Dad tells me "Judy, I want a woman!". LOUDLY, as he speaks as if he has NO COCHLEAR IMPLANT. Then, he says "I want a woman I can have compatible sex with". LOUDLY, at Breakfast!
The nurse's aid heard him and was laughing. My father asked her what was so funny and she said "I didn't expect to hear that this morning!".

To which, I turned to her and said "I am 62 years old, and I DID EXPECT to HEAR that come out of his mouth this morning! Now, how pathetic is that !"

He had a girlfriend for a second with whom he attempted to become frisky! He says, LOUDLY, "She is UGLY". So, I am now telling Howard.... my father....that he needs to be more specific when asking for a woman. He must say "I want a PRETTY, SKINNY woman".

I think he has an inflated sense of self.... which I am not sure how well it serves him at this point in his life.

He said that I didn't seem to empathetic with him about the fact that he hates it there. I said that what I could do for him is to VISIT him. That is my gift to him. I can't do anything else about anything else. Actually, my visits to him are for my GRANDMOThER, his mom- who was my savior, from an angst filled pubescence.
She took me traveling and made me into a travel junkie. And gave me a sense of self! She gave me that bar.

Got my car last evening. Did some work for some travel clients. Took a nap, along with Carlyle. Good lazy in-sync family energy. And... visited with 'my first born'ASTRID'" and her baby, "FIN". He is so cute. He is so sweet and cherubic looking, filled with michieveous laughter... he kept flicking his tongue at Curry, to beg for kisses! And, then he would just giggle. I love my baby grand-son, as I am Pip and Fin's GRANDY. (Pip is 4. Fin is 1) So, I got to visit with Astrid, which is always like 'coming home'.... and I got to get some lovin' on FIN. How good is life!

Onward and upward. I am having a movieaholic attack! I just satiated my Thai food, my SUSHI, BBQ palate pleasers.....this past week.

smiles and happy weekend
Judy





No comments:

Post a Comment