Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rainy days and Tuesdays

Tuesday, September another something or other day 2013

Rain. Thunder, Rolling growls in the gray skies. Thick bulbeous rain drops. Far too many in some areas of Siesta Key, where the water had WAVES in it! Cars were stranded in front of the Public Beach!

I thought to myself: OH NO! Not this. I am NOT GETTING STRANDED! Luck would have it as a good story line in my life of late: I turned around and went the back roads through Siesta Isles and to my purple palace. Mildew Manor.

I waited 3 hours for the arrival and finish of the men who were 'assessing' the work to be done to CLEAN my house. They were a contradiction: doom & gloom about getting into my house in the next couple of months..... but LOVING all the details of the house. So, I was flattered amongst feeling a bit overwhelmed. The flattering took much of the sting out of the 3 hours. I was even helping them MEASURE the house with them. Of course: with our MASKS ON !

I had a dentist appointment today. Now you know that I would be dreading that! It can't be anything good: after all I have lost 3 teeth this summer. No surprise there. But, to hear the doom and gloom and to see it in writing was just another nail in the coffin of GOOD THINGS this week.

I have a good attitude, as I know that there is a beginning and an end to these challenges. But, my good attitude might have an expiration date. Not sure.

So, if that were not enough to get my senses aglow: I drove south to Historic Spanish Point to attend a Board Meeting, which of course was cancelled as only one Board member showed: and ME, and I am NOT on the BOARD. That would not have been too bad, except that I have discovered during this rain that my car is no longer water proof!

Chalk up that detail in the myriad of details in life which need attending! Wouldn't seem problematic except we are now living in the RAINY SEASON in Florida! Lucky me.

Hmmm.

happy tuesday to you, too!
and a smile
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment