Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 2, 2020

May Day. May Day.

May Day 2020

Ring a round the Rosie, a pocketful of posies.

Ashes. Ashes. We all fall down!

May Day. 1955. Munsey Park School. Manhasset.

Long Island. New York.

Outside in the playground. Sun. Spring. Warmth beaming down.
A large Pole with a rainbow of colored ribbons streaming from being attached to the tippy top of the pole. Each little kindergartener grabbing a color, circling the pole. Laughter. Innocence. Joy. Simple pleasures shared as a class.

It is almost 65 years later and I just now thought of how stupid the sounds of those words are. I know I am a slow learner. It is amazing how we learn things which become almost cellular ... without ever thinking of their meaning.

For me: another such saying is “It is as cute as a button!”

Are buttons cute?

Hmmm.

The first of May. May Day. The fifties.

It was a great era in which to blossom.

Friday. Florida begins budding Open. Yet, Not for us sextagenarians.

Poison Ivy is still plaguing my surfaces and My foot is still sensitive since My fall into fish pond. Of course I am compensating. That ONLY means that my LEFT femur bone hurts with a nerve which feels like a Lightning bolt that sears through me. I might call that a bit of a ‘glitch’.

Wishing for you a Gltichless day, with a smile

Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment