Total Pageviews

Friday, May 22, 2020

Ennui. Out of the state of sameness.

At last..... Like the Etta James song, which is one of my faves... It is Friday, May 22, 2020



Hi there visitors.

I have not felt inspired to write.

All of the heretofore activities that I will enumerate: are just that. Mundane everyday occurrences.

Yet, in this season of being ‘in suspension’, the most mundane is definitely extraordinary. Like:

~ having my mani- pedi !!!!!!

   Having a person touch me~ smear all kinds of cream over my legs, my hands and arms.
   Touch and tender caring. It is all revitalizing. Greasy. Soft. Slippery. Soothing.


~ having a hair cut!!!

  Getting my hair cropped , refreshing a long enevened-maned head ....
  Into one with crisp edges,  sloped down with a compelling angle to created to a swinginess.

   It now feels like wearing a “twirly skirt”.... kinda like a whirling dervish with a gust of wind lifting
   The skirt ! Fun. Fanciful. Whimsical.


~ went to the Office Store.

   You know that I must be isolated as I had no clue that office shops were essential!

   Bought padded envelopes and pens! Seriously boring.


~ used the padded envelopes and pens when I went to the Post Office!

    I am now able to ‘keep in touch’ in the most charming antique way: with handwriting and a postal
    Delivery.

    The message and package ALL TOUCHED by human warmth and energy.

    That effort Is meaningful.

~ Went to a restaurant. One of those great places that originated in the mid fifties with:
    Meatloaf or turkey sandwiches... a patty melt on rye!

    The wait staff is from the original Era. Formica tables. Booths. And prices to match its age!
    The most expensive feast cost $8.99!  Loved it. Perfectly funky.

I have finally made it  down the short 3 minute walk to the most beautiful beach in the world.

Went swimming.
Floated over the WAVES. Yes, little wonderful waves in the Gulf of Mexico.

I walked the beach with a friend.

I swam .

I people watched!

And, The water! It was a fabulous turquoise green. Clear. Crisp. The Light turquoise had spots of acqua and royal blue. It was a rainbow of exquisite blues and greens..... glistening with the sun.

My friends little grand daughter, whom I call “So-fi-fi”.... looks like a little sandpiper. And, I am
 Auntie JuJu (magic)

She darts with delight towards the water. She is a tiny itty bitty sweet little 2 year old.
Her wee legs just buzzed her way forward. It was like a movie picture of joy.

Periodically I get to thinking that it is very EGO oriented to post my mental meanderings. So, I get shy.

My almost forty year old son thinks that I ought to write about those things that would ring as being ‘salacious’. Sexy. He thinks I need to spice this up.

He also thinks I should write a book about “100 most interesting massages around the world”: I am a massage junkie and always include it while traveling.

My daughter and cousins want me to write about the history of my family.

With a bit of nudge-face prompting, I will start to include some of the ‘family’ historical stories and wait for me to be much more desperate before I start including any  “X” rated tales.

Or, maybe not.

Smiles and happy Memorial Day weekend. I thank all of those men and women and their families who have given of themselves so that I might write whatever I wish, worship however I wish and vote for whomever I wish. That is pretty cool indeed.

Have fun

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment