Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A SARASOTA STROLL on a SUNLIT BREEZY DAY

Tuesday, April 28th

I felt almost ‘normal’ yesterday. I got dressed! (Bra NOT included). But, I was dressed!

Had a fabulous chiropractic CRACK.... (NOT exactly CRACK)..... like a wonderful gun, drumming its beat down my back and my “angel wings”. Left the office, floating.

Not literally. Yet: in the bounty of my imagination, I floated!

I then went to visit Gio Gio. I went to see the fruits of my frenetic furniture moving from the other day. It was refreshing to know that Gio Gio was ‘happy’ with the new spaces redesigned.

Best, we went for a walk. Gio Gio lives in a great neighborhood. In the center of Sarasota. On the Creek.... a wide beautiful piece of the world. The neighborhood is old, signifying a time when LAND and SPACE had grace. There was an ‘old time’ value in taking a deep breath and being able to walk around the yard, and not hear what is being said inside your neighbor’s house. A sense of privacy OUTSIDE had value... way back 50 years ago. Now, privacy is valued by the space INSIDE the home, making land a long ago valued commodity.

We walked on streets I have never been to. I have lived in Sarasota for 48 years, and I was on an ‘adventure’ on foot. Gio Gio said “Hi” to neighbors and chatted them up. She is so “Italian” friendly.

We visited a huge property where the owner invited us to her backyard.

There were stag horn ferns that were 100 years old and impressively enormous. The property sloped down gracefully to the CREEK as we ambled along the wooden walkway.

It was a paradise. It was a treasure. I felt blessed to have been invited in to see this lovingly tended home and enormous garden.

A simple stroll. And, a gem. A friend. Good conversation. Sunshine. Breeze. And welcoming neighbors.

Life at its basic best. Six feet apart.

Warmth, smiles,
Judy


1 comment: