Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 7, 2020

HIPPA rules

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Now

Thursday, May 7th....


I’ve been a lazy girl in terms of verbosity. But, I’ve been skee-daddling across the earth’s plain.

Translation of skee-saddling? Its meaning, in this season of SOLOizing: getting a much needed CRACK to my back and sweet little right foot which has been the object of much abuse.

I have been scrunched up and hunched over, creating a more ‘compact’ version of me. I need to find the space in my body- stretch, motivate, and CRACK! Such heaven from something that seems like an automatic nail gun. Going to my CRACK DOCTOR is like having my body FEEL like the sun rising.

It’s a beautiful thing. He helps give me back my body. It’s a most wonderful gift.

Along the way and through the days, I have visited with GioGio. (Pronounced “Jo Jo”. She’s Italian and her real ITALIAN name is Giovanna. Prounced “Jo-vahn-nah”)

It is difficult for me to visit just to visit, as I want to be productive. I am a ‘little work horse’ when it comes to house packing and organizing. I must admit that my WHIRLING DERVISH rush of energy gets GioGio a bit nervous. She is a Southern Italian. Southerners in ALL northern countries move slower than their northern counterparts. I think it has to do with the science of molecules. ALL things, including CELLS become more fluid in warmer temps. A relaxed kinda warm.

I must and want to be sensitive to her comfort level, as it is all about being a support for GioGio. My purpose is not to get her nervous. So, all work sessions begin in the front porch.

I pour a lemonade and vodka. NO ice. I bring along a pack of the skinniest, longest and lightest cigarettes I can find. Today’s brand is a pink Capri. We sit. We reminisce. About Ira. About my wedding with George V. Mostly, I enjoy listening to GioGio’s stories. As she spins her memories, there is a. Twinkle in her eyes. Her face is relaxed and there is a slight smile that graces her face.
There is no make-up. She’s in darling p.j’s. And, she radiates. It is a poignant time to share.

She smiles... but, she also says that she never giggles. I thought about it. I laugh out loud at myself and what a flaming dork I can be. How do you think I amuse myself when I normally only have
Myself to amuse me. I can find the ‘amusing’ in the most mundane.

GioGio does not have a vodka and lemonade. HIPPA requires me not to reveal her diversions.

This week’s work required that we repack her armoire after it had been moved to another wall.
Within 45 minutes, we transformed her living room from being chockerblock filled with glasses- champagne, wine, water and every kind of cordial, brandy and martini flutes as well, to a SPACE
Where GioGio could relax on her newly placed sofas.

Calm. GioGio seeks Calm.

Lastly, GioGio found her two favorite paintings that were nesting in various bedrooms and she put
Them in her living and dining rooms. It is stunning how much ‘lighter’  the space felt when adorned with different art.

It’s great to see GioGio make her home, hers.

I also had my grand-baby boys and their mom and dad to visit. It was sooooo cute. They are 10 and 6. They love to fish in the back dock on the canal.

The boys “Pip” and “Fin” love to jump in my backyard poolette/ jacuzzi. Bubbles bubbling signifies fun! This is a home made for kids of all ages to enjoy and laugh and giggle.

Dad and the boys went to the beach, as it is now open. Their dog, Safari- a Rhodesian ridgeback hung out on the back deck in the warm sunlight. And Astrid and I talked as girls as always able and willing to do.

It’d been a long time that we had to share what we were doing and feeling. It was good and all at SIX FEET away.

Finally. No more poison ivy. (Very little) No more brown recluse spider bites. And today: I go to the dermatologist!

Cheers and thanks for visiting my life in semi-soloizingville.

Judy

Please share with anyone you think might enjoy. I really appreciate you!




No comments:

Post a Comment