Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 1, 2014

New friends, Manhasset memories and a painting party!

Thursday, May first, 2014

I feel errant in not having written yesterday. I missed it, really. I have had a wonderful couple of days- filled with wee tiny happenings, which make a full life.

I had the opportunity to meet 8 future guests of mine in Italy: but, was mortified by being over an hour late while everyone waited. I never looked at my telephone calendar that day. Not once. Even I know that the only way a calendar works: is if one actually uses it and looks at it. Silly me. I made it from Siesta Key to Michael's on East. This group of septuagenarians were a kick and forgiving of my obtuseness. All four couples were on their second marriage. One couple was married for 24 years. Another couple is getting married while guests at my home. And, the other two couples were like newlyweds after 4 and 9 years. It gives me inspiration that there is love, romance and partnership ~ all possible in the future. These folks are all golfers to some degree and live in a golf community: what lovely camaraderie.

Had lunch with a new girlfriend who will also be in Italy…. while I am there. This lady is a kick. She brought her beautiful fluffy puppy, named "trinket"! What a perfect name for a little fluffy cutie thing. A fun part of our newly budding friendship is also that some of her grown kids live in Manhasset ~ where I grew up. It is fun to go back to visit my childhood neighborhood in just hearing stories she tells, like taking the family to "LOUIES"- a seafood restaurant on the north shore of Long Island. I grew up going to Louies and spent a few years also living down the street in Port Washington…. It is that circle of life, appearing and shining its delight upon me.

And, last night, I joined a bunch of girlfriends from the days of raising our kids at Out of Door Academy. All grown- it is evidence that our kids school, was also the center of our social life, too.
Who knew? And so…. we celebrated the birthday of a sweet, little whippet of a woman and friend. We went to a place called "Painting with a Twist". The fee was a donation to SPARCC (Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center), making it an even more dear of a girl gathering. We all had canvasses and a free spirited art teacher led us through painting the same image: albeit with each women's interpretation.
Oh…artistic creation is always enhanced with a little vino: which makes the TWIST part of the title, appropriate.

New friends, old memories and new experiences in a short couple of days. Isn't life great!

Warmth and smiles …. thanks for visiting.
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment