Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Looking for that glass, which is half full!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

You know when every single thing goes to the way of the worst case scenario?

That has been the story of my life for awhile. It hasn't stopped. At least these things have a beginning and an end.

I am so over it. I am over thinking about all those things that I have that could and will absolutely go astray. Because everything dies: even our machines meant to serve us. The microwave. The dishwasher. The washer. The disposal. The insta-hot. The roof.  One of the air conditioning units needs attention. I keep thinking to myself that I was LUCKY. The compressor on this unit created a lithe fire , melted the covering, and tripped itself into STOP.

So, rather than thinking that I am compressor needy, I need to frame my mind into saying "aren't I lucky?" I could have lost my home to a fire for a silly air conditioning compressor!

I am working on that mind frame thing.

Now? Hmmm?

Tomorrow the refrigerator guy comes. My refrigerator says it is compressor needy too! Yikes: I have exactly 6 things in my fridge as a solo person. I have this huge sub-zero….. which must be lonely without food. It is rebelling. I have exactly 4 things in my freezer.

I am so glad I had a much needed massage yesterday. My body feels more pliable: and living.

I had a glorious evening with one of my best friends. I love this man. He has been a safe place for my daughter- a man/ father figure… where she could find a balance. It has been far too long. He is my yogi teacher. He is my sounding board. He has been a quiet strength in my life. A constancy. A safe place, even for me. He gave me yoga and a way to care for me. I only need to look to myself. It is that easy and that difficult.

We had sushi: and great talk. He seemed tired. We are all getting older. All of the people I know. And, it is all showing- form the wrinkles on the neck, to moments of hesitating in the midst of conversation…to … a whole litany of body and mind parts that begin to lag.

Life continues. That is the good news. That is the glass half full.

As always,
Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment