Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Paint, Pepsi ice cream and a swim in the Gulf of Mexico

Thursday, April 24, 2014

This has been a full and happy week: I am loving life in my home.

I have unpacked all the boxes I will unpack. The walls which require paint ~ are being painted by my 'first born' daughter. She is German and impeccable. She cleans the floors & walls and ceilings prior to painting. It is a pleasure to see how GREAT WORK is done. Doing a job well is an art. It is also pure pleasure to have her at home in the mornings and during the day. She paints. I am finally doing much needed paper work, neglected by over six months of being displaced. We take breaks, which involves conversation and affectionate banter developed over years of practice and trust. And coffee.

Had visitors from New Zealand, and Wales. It was good to have life back inside my home. It is also good to have my home back, to be savored and enjoyed. There is much space inside. It hasn't grown. Purging STUFF creates air space.

I have moved my office to what was originally a dining room, and then a 'family room'. I have a huge window behind me which opens up the back garden to me while I work. I have a view down my 45' hallway…. giving perspective to my day. And, I am surrounded by my favorite colors: kelly green, navy blue & white. It does my heart good to be immersed by my favorite colors. The energy is clear. My desk is reflective, with the etched glass… and it is a semi circle, which is welcoming. Top this off with a big TV: I am happy to be back in the 21st century.

I went to the beach today, went swimming, and came home with a bronze suntan… and a few glorious hours with my other daughter. The Gulf was a stunning light turquoise green which turned a deep royal blue by the horizon. The water was cool and refreshing. The people watching was great. The sky was a cloudless clear baby blue. And the breeze lulled us both to sleep. An afternoon of paradise perfection. An afternoon of mother -daughter perfection. I have always said that the Gulf of Mexico is a great 'backyard' for all of us to enjoy.

I was brainstorming with Carlyle for her next 'career' step. She is scared of the next stage of adulthood: which hopefully includes a job with health insurance, a vacation plan and a 401K.

I am just getting practiced at letting my observations flow. Stick with me, as my writing voice takes hold.

Smiles,
Judy

Dinner for me tonight was a "SUB-ZERO" ice cream: flavor…. pepsi, vanilla & brownie bits. This is an ice cream store where you create you own flavor. It is made mostly from a variety of liquids which are then torched with liquid nitrogen, and voila! it becomes ice cream. Magic. Very cool, in lots of ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment